Payment Processing/Billing Associate in Tampa, FL at ACS Group
MARIA E MARRERO
28548 Hanging Moss Loop Wesley Chapel, FL 33543
(813) 973-3207 or (813) 997-3954
Bilingual (Spanish and English), Billing Specialist with knowledge in the banking and medical industries. Skilled in most aspects of Accounts Payable/Receivable procedures, excellent skills and computer proficiency in a variety of software applications, mainly Excel, Works and Power Point.
Citigroup, NA – Tampa, FL 10/2010-7/2016
Income Dept Security Processing Representative 3 - GTS
- Break and Rejects Reports – find and resolve issues, to make sure the client receive payments as schedule.
- Download wires and checks from the lockbox (DDA Accounts)
- Identified and applied payments received, into the clients account and/or transfers to the correct ledgers account.
- At the end of the date I complete the reconciliation of various ledgers and DDA’s.
- Upload Break and Reject Report, identified the issues using different systems (ADARS, CAPRI, BANCS); fixed to received or process payment correctly and on time.
- Real Estate Tax Subject Matter, responsible for proper/timely filing of 1500 yearly payments totaling $66MM.
- Ran queries on PeopleSoft, P2P, NACB, TGL and Solar, to reconcile accounts, completed journal entries in various ledgers.
- Completed lockbox accounts reconciliation, applied cash, posted and documented (PDF) receivable from lockbox, processed physical checks received from Sub-tenants and Landlords, completed journal entries with correct cost center and accounts.
- Updated amortization and Rent Smoothing schedules on REMS systems
- Received/distributed mail and helped on special projects
Advantage – Temporary Agency - Citi Realty Services – Citigroup 04/2009 – 10/2010
- Ran queries on PeopleSoft, P2P, NACB, TGL and Solar, to reconcile accounts, completed journal entries in various ledgers. Completed lockbox accounts reconciliation
- Applied cash, posted and documented (PDF) receivable from lockbox, processed physical checks received from Sub-tenants and Landlords, completed journal entries with correct cost center and accounts. Updated amortization and Rent Smoothing schedules on REMS systems. Received/distributed mail and helped on special projects
Advantage – Temp Agency – Citigroup - Best in Class (Implementation) 11/2007 – 04/2009
- Processed Management Adjustment (UPLOAD) on Citi Reporting Core
- Analyzed and investigated system problems as well as reconciled related issues.
- Act as liaison with Latin American countries regarding management adjustment posting.
- Ran unmapped data reports to resolve variances.
- Performed Microsoft Excel as Queries, Pivot Table and Vlookups
- Updated financial data information using People Soft program.
- Tested new environment for Citi Reporting Core (CRC)
Looking for Full-time Job 06/2007 – 11/2007
Adecco, Temporary Agency – Temporary Capacity (Countrywide) 11/2006 – 06/2007
- Analyzed mortgage collateral and notified issued and possible correction to manager, customer and business and data entry of invoices.
Lincare - Billing Specialist, Quality Control Unit and Acct Payable 03/2005 – 10/2006
- Verified status of claims, called insurance companies to request payments. Helped with the month-end closing to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial report.
Completed insurance verification by phone and internet, received/distributed incoming/outgoing mail. Created, updated and maintained patient charts.
- QA order, paperwork completed by branch to determine if all documents required to process the order are present and accurately completed; completed the branch Order Transmittal accurately and route inspected paperwork to the responsible billing location.
- Inspected Medicare physician orders and Certificate of Medical Necessity (CMN) to ensure accuracy prior to submitting to physician for completion and signature.
- Verified returned physician orders and CMN’S and APMO’S for accuracy and completeness to ensure all Medicare requirements as defined by company policies were met and submitted the Supporting Document Control Log to the responsible billing location per company policy.
American Homepatient - Acct Payable and Cash Application Dept
and Customer Services Rep II 06/1998 – 09/2004
- Received checks from patients, insurances companies (EOB) and other entitles, prepared and processed deposits, called to clarify payments; posted through an internet webpage all batches processed during the month to complete closing balance, advanced data entry abilities, forward to other branches payments received in our office.
- Verified insurance, authorization and financial credit; called back within twenty four hours, logged and coordinated rental pick-ups. Supported warehouse with inventory related tasks: Monitored stock level, maintained purchase order log. Ordered and received stock, price items, Maintained master files for customers, insurance companies, physicians, referrals, and diagnoses.
- Balanced cash drawer daily, received/distributed incoming/outgoing mail.
Activities/Leadership Community Service:
Coordinator of Mission Trip for the last two (2) years
Pastor and Board Secretary – Church – 4 years
Gospel Team Leader – Hispanic Church -3 year
Intermediate Youth Sunday school Teacher – Hispanic Church – 1 year
Organized Camp for children and youth (between six (6) to fourteen (14) years old)
Organized Married Retreat, including presentation and any other necessary document
Business Administration - Banca Institute - Certification
Education – Basic Education on University of Puerto Rico, Carolina Campus -AA
Language, fluent in Spanish, Team player, analytical, organize, problem solving, multi-tasked
Data Entry-10 key, Medical Billing, ICD-9, HCPCS, CMS, 1500, Medicare, HIPAA and ins guideline
Software: People Soft, TGL, Solar, NACB, P2P, DBS (Milleniun System) Microsoft Word, AS400, Mesta Med, Window XP and Vista, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Power Point, REMS and Avista.