2138 Arrowgrass Drive, #207, Wesley Chapel, FL 33544 ∙ Cell #: (818) 472-9671 ∙ EMAIL: email@example.com
Executive Assistant and Manager with over 15 years of expertise in assisting senior level executives and demonstrating exceptional management skills across a broad spectrum of departmental functions. A resourceful and dynamic organizer, who leads by example with assertiveness and enthusiasm, inspires team spirit, proactively multitasks, manages all assignments with speed, accuracy and dedication, and possesses impeccable written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT, INC., Culver City, CA
Administrator & Executive Assistant, Television Business Affairs, March 2005 – February 2016
- Supported the Executive Vice President with management of the Business Affairs department and acted as liaison between the Executive Vice President, executive staff and clients. Performed all tasks to support the Executive Vice President including preparation of expense reports, calendar maintenance, file maintenance, attending department meetings and processing minutes, scheduling all internal and outside meetings including pilot and series kick-off meetings for the entire television division, making domestic and international travel arrangements, and preparing charts, documents and correspondence as necessary.
- Tracked, monitored and approved the department vacation calendar, prepared and maintained the emergency preparedness plan for Business Affairs, and updated and maintained the seasonal assignment chart for the entire television division which provided and tracked information on all Sony pilots, series and movies, their status and the executives assigned to them.
- Pioneered and managed the department internship program, launched the department file reorganization project, including overseeing its maintenance, coordinated and managed all other department projects and managed temporary assistance as needed in order to implement an effective working environment.
- Headed the entire relocation of the Business Affairs department from Culver Studios to the new division building on the main Sony lot. This included new office and cubicle set up for over 20 department members, determination of new department file setup, coordination of all new phone and fax numbers, and acting as liaison with the architectural, telecom and IT departments to assist with nuances in making the new location most effective.
- Organized ongoing logistical and architectural changes to the Business Affairs area, set up all new employees, facilitated all office relocations within the group, and acted as key point person to modify, restructure or streamline administrative policies and procedures.
- Promoted from Executive Assistant to Administrator in October of 2006 to take on the additional responsibilities of managing data integrity within an interactive Business Affairs application (DealTracker) developed to track deal negotiation requests and their subsequent project data while managing a broad group of users throughout the Creative, Business Affairs, Production, Finance and Legal departments on proper usage of the application.
- Assessed negotiator workflow to assign new deals and projects through DealTracker, and prepared and distributed the Business Affairs Status Report for weekly division meetings.
- Provided quality control and troubleshot system problems and issues with the IT team to improve functionality of the system, trained new users and promoted system usage, trained current users on business rules and proper system usage, assisted with recommendations for improvements to create easier overall application usage, periodically consulted with users to provide feedback to management on new project needs to be incorporated into the application (particularly concerning new company platforms), and monitored thoroughness of data for effective, accurate records across the television division.
- Performed as key point person for the initial launch of DealTracker in 2006 during its conversion from an Access database, and improved the formulation of its subsequent redesign after the Sony hack in 2014.
Showtime Networks Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Coordinator & Executive Assistant, Business and Legal Affairs, April 1998 – January 2005
- Supported the Senior Vice President and acted as liaison between the Senior Vice President and executive staff and clients. Prepared, revised and redlined all types of agreements and deal memos for movies and series, composed correspondence, drafted chain of title documentation, prepared expense reports, scheduled meetings, analyzed documents and files, and ordered department supplies.
- Processed payments for rights, writers, license fees, and other miscellaneous expenses, prepared tax credit administration binders and assisted with the documentation process, navigated the Rights Management System and performed troubleshooting on payments and documents as necessary, and maintained Showtime Network’s project list, status report, actor log, director log, and numerous business affairs forms and agreement templates.
- Promoted in January of 2002 from Executive Assistant to Coordinator to take on the additional responsibilities of supervising and launching new projects designed to create a more effective and organized working environment.
- Performed as Showtime’s quote contact by researching agreements and deal memos and providing quote information to outside entities such as law firms, agents, studios and casting directors.
- Supervised the file room clerk, reorganized and maintained the file room, including the launch of special projects designed to maximize organization, and recreated project lists and department logs through extensive research.
- Ordered and trained temporary assistants, participated in the interview process and subsequent training of new hires, and maintained and periodically updated and distributed the department Assistant’s Manual.
Sebastian International, Inc., Woodland Hills, CA
Executive Secretary to Chairman and CEO, December 1996 – November 1997
- Supported the Chairman and CEO and acted as liaison between CEO and executive staff and clients. Handled issues with heavy exposure in domestic and international sales, marketing, public relations, advertising, shows, operations, education, human resources, legal affairs, and finance. Scheduled internal and outside meetings, prepared expense reports, arranged extensive domestic and international travel, composed correspondence, took fast notes and streamlined the file system.
- Proofed advertising layouts and press releases, conducted interviews, handled the sensitive issues of departmental reorganization and corporate changeover, participated in the process of developing and launching new products, participated in conventions, and became familiar with sales and marketing report analysis and legal documents.
Executive Secretary to Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, May 1995 – December 1996
- Supported the Senior Vice President and acted as liaison between the Senior Vice President and executive staff and clients. Scheduled meetings and arranged travel, participated in conferences on and off site, created sales and marketing spreadsheets, prepared presentations, business plans and proposals, composed letters, took fast notes and transcribed notes through Dictaphone.
- Took on additional role as assistant to Vice President of New Business Development in organizing and opening a new sales division.
- Promoted from Executive Secretary to Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing to Executive Secretary of Chairman and CEO in November of 1996.
University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Bachelor of Arts Degree: Mass Communications (Broadcast Journalism)
COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA, OCALA, FL
Associate of Arts Degree: Business Education
SPECIAL AWARDS & RECOGNITION
2010 – “Outstanding Performance” – Television Business Affairs – Sony Pictures Entertainment
2006 - “Exceptional Performance” – Television Business Affairs – Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc.
1996 - “Superior Performance” - North American Sales Division Executive Secretary - Sebastian International, Inc.
1995 - “Outstanding Support” - Executive Secretary to the Sr. Vice President of Sales and Marketing - Sebastian International, Inc.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & COMPUTER SOFTWARE:
- Typing - 80 wpm, Dictaphone & transcription, fast notes, Amtel, ten-key by touch, accounts receivable & payable, invoicing, purchasing, internet research.
- Computer Software – Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes, Macintosh, Novell, Concur, Kronos, Time Matters, TAAS Time Management, FileMaker Pro, Comparite & Delta View Redline Systems, Virtual Production Office, Rights Management System, TView, Contraxx Document Management, DealTracker
- Bank Teller (7 years), Library Assistant (10 years, part time), Customer Service (Box Office - 3 years), Hotel & Hospitality (3 years, part time).